.jpg)
It was festival season and I was enthusiastic about designing a rangoli in front of my house. Im very bad at any kind of art – drawing, painting, crafting, actually anything that requires innovative thinking. I have always had my friends complaining that I have a very bad color sense. One of my friend Sriram was so much flattered at my choice of my dresses and it colors that he once asked if I leave it to the shopkeepers’ choice to choose a color for me, or if close my eyes and pick one among the lot. It was funny to hear it in tamil ‘ ‘அதெப்படி பத்மா, கண்ணை மூடிட்டு மேலிருந்து மூனாவது டிரஸ் எடுங்க பார்க்கலாம்னு சொல்லுவியா ‘
What ever it may be, I had decided to make my house look colorful on the day of Pongal. My mom got me the rangoli powder and I started hunting the internet to search for some good designs, the ones I can manage to do, the not-so-complex ones (Thanks to Original author) . As I told u earlier im not a great artist, I had to take the printout of design first and then decide on the colors with the ones that I have. Ok, finally all set. I don’t know why, I somehow thought I can get it done in abt an hr or so (as if im an expert in these stuff ). I started with the basic design at abt 8pm and by the time I completed it was 10.15pm (Of course, with my mom helping me with the coloring) I cant believe !!
A final look at the rangoli really made me feel so good. I couldn’t believe it was me. I was proud.
In addition to the compliments from my friends and my neighbours, there was something else that was a result out of this effort. Every part of my body was paining for the next two days, as if it was my first day at gym. A rangoli costed me a half a day leave from work. This is what is called heights of craziness
What ever it may be, I had decided to make my house look colorful on the day of Pongal. My mom got me the rangoli powder and I started hunting the internet to search for some good designs, the ones I can manage to do, the not-so-complex ones (Thanks to Original author) . As I told u earlier im not a great artist, I had to take the printout of design first and then decide on the colors with the ones that I have. Ok, finally all set. I don’t know why, I somehow thought I can get it done in abt an hr or so (as if im an expert in these stuff ). I started with the basic design at abt 8pm and by the time I completed it was 10.15pm (Of course, with my mom helping me with the coloring) I cant believe !!
A final look at the rangoli really made me feel so good. I couldn’t believe it was me. I was proud.
In addition to the compliments from my friends and my neighbours, there was something else that was a result out of this effort. Every part of my body was paining for the next two days, as if it was my first day at gym. A rangoli costed me a half a day leave from work. This is what is called heights of craziness

4 comments:
Super Rangoli.. College exam mathri, super ah adichrikinga Copy :P
@Vijesh : hey, idhu onnum eee adichaan copy illai .. edho konjam change panni irukken, if u take a closer look, u ll know
Rangoli is beautiful.. It can't get better. :)
@Ramana, Welcome to the blog :)
Thanks anyways. But i hope u looked at the original version of the same
-Padma
Post a Comment